Adam Jankowski MBICSc. MISSE Tech IOSH
Managing Director, The Restoration Academy UK Limited
Adam is a consultant and consultant trainer with The Restoration Academy UK Limited. With over 28 years of experience, he is one of the most prolific trainers in the industry (in the UK) working with some of the most significant suppliers of products and services in the cleaning and restoration industry. Adam was a director of The National Carpet Cleaners Association for 5 years and has served on the UK Advisory Council of the IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification – an international standards and certification body for our industry).
Adam is a Member of the British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc), a Member of the Institute of Specialist Surveyors and Engineers (ISSE) and holds memberships with The British Damage Management Association (BDMA), Indoor Air Quality UK (IAQUK), Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH), Cleaning Industry Research Institute (CIRI) and International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate (ISIAQ).
Adam is a consultant instructor for the WoolSafe Organisation and teaches as an independent instructor and consultant for other clients such as The National Flood School, Legend Brands (Chemspec and Dri-Eaz), Prochem (Europe) Limited and other private corporate clients including working an expert witness/consultant for the BBC’s Watchdog/Rogue Traders program (aired on 4th November 2010) on an alleged carpet cleaning scam and advised the BBC on a pilot program which was to include a carpet identification challenge.
Adam’s qualifications and certifications include:
- National General Certificate in Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Technician (National Carpet Cleaners Association)
- WoolSafe Fibre Care Specialist (by the WoolSafe Organisation)
- WoolSafe Registered Carpet Inspector
- WoolSafe Registered Instructor
- BDMA Level 1 Technician (British Damage Management Association)
- Carpet Cleaning Technician (IICRC CCT)
- Upholstery Cleaning Technician (IICRC UFT)
- Leather Cleaning Technician (IICRC LCT)
- (Oriental & Speciality…) Rug Cleaning Technician (IICRC RCT)
- Carpet Repair and Re-Installation Technician (IICRC RRT)
- Odour Control Technician (IICRC OCT)
- Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician (IICRC CCMT)
- (Carpet) Colour Repair Technician (IICRC CRT)
- Water (Damage) Restoration Technician (IICRC WRT)
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (IICRC AMRT)
- Applied Structural Drying Technician (IICRC ASD)
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician (IICRC FSRT)
- Health & Safety Technician (IICRC HST)
- Trauma & Crime Scene Cleaning Technician (IICRC TCST)
- Commercial Drying Technician (IICRC CDS)
With the above certifications the IICRC has awarded Adam the designations:
- Master Textile Cleaner
- Master Fire & Smoke Damage Restorer
- Master Water Damage Restorer
and has been approved by the IICRC as an instructor in:
- Carpet Cleaning (IICRC CCT)
- Upholstery Cleaning (IICRC UFT)
- Water Damage Restoration (IICRC WRT)
- Applied Structural Drying (IICRC ASD)
- Fire & Smoke Damage Remediation (IICRC FSRT)
- Odour Control (IICRC OCT)
- Applied Microbial Remediation (IICRC AMRT) and
- Health and Safety (IICRC HST)
In addition to delivering training courses in Great Britain, Adam has taught for clients in The Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Israel, India, Dubai, China, Poland and Greece which included working with local sponsors and translators. Adam is fluent in Polish and successfully taught IICRC classes in Polish and has lectured as a guest lecturer at The University of Lodz in Poland.
During the Coronavirus SARS 2, COVID-19 pandemic of 2020 and 2021, Adam has assisted clients with the transfer of many courses into on-line, live-streaming classes and participated in expert panel discussion on the practical issues of health and safety and personal protection in pandemic (biohazard clean-ups).
Adam has retired from delivering technical services, instead, concentrating his efforts on education and consultancy in the cleaning and insurance repair industry.
While a director of NCCA, Adam was the project manager for the creation of the “BSI PAS 86:2008 Professional inspection, maintenance, cleaning and restoration of textile floor coverings – Code of Practice”, until his departure in 2005. The BSI PAS 86:2008 was eventually published in 2008.
Through the National Flood School, Adam was involved in review processes of both “BSI PAS 64:2005 Professional water damage mitigation and initial restoration of domestic dwellings – Code of Practice” and “BSI PS64:2013 Mitigation and recovery of water damaged buildings – Code of practice”, some of his work being published in the latter.
Adam Jankowski – Background
Studied Civil Engineering at North-east London Polytechnic (now University of East London)
Worked in industry in roles ranging from sales, marketing and consultancy for organisations such as GEC, Mitel Telecom, Braid Systems, Olivetti Systems and Networks and Impact Plus dealing with blue chip companies and major accounts from 1981 to 1993.
In his youth Adam was actively involved in the Polish Scouting Association (an organisation which at that time was operating as an exile movement outside the borders of communist Poland) and played volleyball at National League Division I level for Polonia Volleyball club earning him a place in the England U’20’s training camp. No England caps unfortunately!!